1. Throw it away!! Mascara doesn’t last forever, it actually has a relatively short life span of 3-5 months. Over time the contaminated brush can lead to a buildup of bacteria, increasing of chances of an eye infection.
2. Don’t use a waterproof mascara everyday. Waterproof mascara is perfect for those teary moments or days at the beach, but using it everyday is not a good idea. The formula in waterproof mascara makes it diffucult to remove. The constant tugging on the lashes can make them weak and cause them to fall out.
3. Use baby powder. If you’re after a voluminious lash, apply baby powder on a cotton ball and powder your lashes for that extra va va voom.
4. Moisturize your lashes with olive oil. It’s best to apply right after you removed your makeup. Treat your lashes like your hair and keep them moisturized and hydrated.
5. Lock in your lashes. Use a clear mascara gel immediately after applying mascara. This will help keep your lashes in place and prevent them from running and smudging throughout the day.
6. Use a business card to apply your mascara. Don’t you hate getting mascara on your eyelid? Avoid this by placing the card on your eyelid, right above your lashes. Apply the mascara on your lashes and all the excess product will go on the card and not on your eyelid.