This is a dark day for reality star, Toya Wright, news has just broke that two of her brothers, Rudy and Josh, were shot and killed in the Seventh Ward of New Orleans! Toya, naturally, is deeply devastated. As you recall both of her brothers have appeared on her numerous reality shows and she and Rudy in particular were very close.
The gossip site, Fameolous, broke the news at about 4 AM EST. There are no details at this surrounding the murders, but the Seventh Ward of New Orleans is by far one of the most crime ridden and dangerous places in the nation.
- The overall crime rate in Seventh Ward is 119% higher than the national average.
- For every 100,000 people, there are 17.76 daily crimes that occur in Seventh Ward.
- Seventh Ward is safer than 30% of the cities in the Louisiana.
- In Seventh Ward you have a 1 in 16 chance of becoming a victim of any crime.
- The number of total year over year crimes in New Orleans has increased by 12%.
Toya has been blessed with reality series, fame, and blessings of her own, but her life has not been easy by any means. She was married to Lil Wayne, pregnant with her daughter, Reginae, and divorced all in her teens. Her family problems have been well documented, including her mother’s problems with substance abuse, her older brother’s incarceration, and her absentee father. Let’s also not forget her pending divorce from Memphitz after a very public and nasty split.
This is so bad that even her longtime enemy, K. Michelle, has offered her condolences.
Our thoughts and prayers truly go out to Toya and her family, to lose two brothers, sons, friends, family members, human beings is truly unconscionable.