Atlanta is a mecca of beautiful places and beautiful people—and plenty of photographers (or iPhones) to capture them both on camera.
This southern metropolitan has forest terrain to countless city lights that will suit any artistic vision.
Here are five places perfect for photos around town:
1. Centennial Olympic Park (Downtown Atlanta) Having family fun at the ferris wheel, tourist touring and taking strolls on date night aren’t the only things Centennial Olympic Park is for. This location can be the photography paradise. During the day, the foundation waters flowing and park scenery can make for a serene backdrop. At night, this park is transformed into a light show bursting with vivid colors from the ferris wheel and vibrant hues flow through the foundation.
2. Atlanta Beltline (Midtown Atlanta) This location has the best pieces of Atlanta jam packed on the trail: A traditional park sits at the base; the city skyline can be seen from anywhere; wildflower patches are sprinkled throughout; while artistic structures and graffiti pave the way.
3. Old Mill Park (Roswell) For those who want to escape the fast pace of the city, slow it down at Old Mill Park. This charming spot is ideal for those who prefer scenic nature surroundings. It has a gorgeous waterfall, a wooden bridge, brick ruins, and topped with a full nature preserve.
4. The Shops At Buckhead Atlanta (Buckhead) This luxury plaza doesn’t scream ‘bad and bougie, it exudes class instead. Big brands from Dior to Christian Louboutin read across every storefront. Fresh tulips and twinkle light wrapped trees line the pavement as you pass by designer displays. Fashion blog and lifestyle shots can be taken galore here.
5. Krog Street Tunnel (Midtown) This graffiti tunnel buried in the heart of Midtown is great for hipsters and rebels alike. The hand-painted murals and the underpass grit give it an authenticity unlike anywhere else. Go to the leading edge with this location for all your Instagram and creative needs.