“The Deva Cut is a hair cutting technique created by Lorraine Massey, the author of “Curly Girl” and co-owner of Devachan Salon, in New York City. With this technique, each curl is cut individually and normally at an angle so as to not disrupt the curl pattern” stated by Atlanta, Georgia’s Curltopia studios. The sole purpose of the Deva Cut is giving your curl shape and the ability to fall more naturally.
Before and After results with the Deva Cut!
How can this help improve your curls? Your hair is cut in its natural form: dry, not wet. Each curl is individually shaped and the style is based on the individual.
How does DevaCurl address volume? Lorraine Massey, the founder of DevaCurl, believes “that once you begin properly moisturizing your hair and staying away from shampoos with sulfates the big volume and stereotypical frizz will be a thing of the past.”
Products for regimen: All DevaCurl products are 100% sulfate, silicone, and paraben-free.
DevaCurl Super Curly Moisture Oasis – Great for C Hair types
A four-piece kit with everything you need to give your curls ultra-hydration and extend your hairstyle to the second day and beyond.
– Provides lasting moisture
– Reduces frizz
DevaCurl Celebrate Wavy Kit – Great for B Hair types
A kit featuring a full-size Delight Cleanser and Conditioner, along with a trial-size WaveMaker styler, and the DevaScarf.
– Creates consistent, gorgeous waves
– Adds body, fullness, and wave definition
– Reduces frizz
DevaCurl Styling Steps
- Cleanse using “No-poo” or another sulfate free shampoo.
- Hydrate using conditioner.
- With head upside down Define curls by scrunching with a frizz free cloth.
- Use clips near scalp to create lift and or length by using clips to weigh down the hair.
- Allow hair to dry naturally or use the DevaCurl hair dryer and diffuser.
- When dry, remove clips, then shake and scrunch.