Eyes may be the window to the soul, but eyebrows are the frame of that window. Lately eyebrows have been a trend that seems to not want to end. It’s gotten so serious that men are really adding that to their list of qualities a woman should have “Eyebrows on fleek or nah?” Not literally, but they’re the first thing most people even look at.
Eyebrows can draw or divert attention from your face; especially bad eyebrows. Memes are created and jokes are cracked immediately if someone’s eyebrows aren’t “on fleek”. But why are they such a big deal anyways? They can accentuate your features, balance out your face, and change your look altogether.
The eyebrow trend now is strong, full, and somewhat structured. However, in the past thinner more rounded eyebrows have been the “it thing” at one time or another. But if you want to get your sparse or bushy eyebrows “on fleek” here are some tips and tricks to accomplish your goal:
1. Choose the eyebrow shape that is most flattering for your own face shape.
– Oval face shapes look better with thinner, slightly soft rounded arch eyebrow shapes.
– Long face shapes tend to look better with thinner, straight/flat eyebrow shape with little to no arch.
– Round face shapes tend to look better with slightly bold eyebrows with a more curved, angled, or soft angled defined arches.
– Square face shapes tend to look better with bold eyebrows with defined angled or soft angled arches.
– Heart face shapes tend to look better with slightly thin eyebrows with a soft rounded arch.
– Diamond face shapes tend to look better with slightly bold eyebrows with rounded arches.
2. Keep eyebrows clean.
– Use eye brow brush or comb.
– Give your eyebrows direction.
– Mark hairs you would like to remove with a white eye pencil or concealer.
– Remove hairs in the direction that they grow in.
– Pluck excess hairs but never over pluck.
– Trim excess hairs with small trimming scissors if necessary.
– Use eyebrow archer if necessary to get the shape you need.
– If all else fails and this can’t be accomplished by yourself feel free to go to a licensed professional that can wax, tweeze, and or thread your eyebrows.
3. Fix eyebrows. (Find what works for you)
– Take a pencil and place it vertically along the side of your nose. The inner part of the brow should start directly/ vertically above the nostril.
– To see where your brow should end, take the pencil diagonally from the middle of your nostril to the outer corner of your eye.
– The arch of your brow can be found by taking the pencil diagonally from your nostril and through the iris. Where the pencil crosses your brow should be the highest point of your arch.
– Check for open spaces.
– Use eye shadow, eyebrow pencil, eyebrow mascara, or eyebrow pomade. A combination is also an option if necessary.
– Use irregular length strokes to imitate real hair.
– Fill in eyebrows with eye shadow.
– Line top and bottom with eye brow pencil.
– Brush our harsh lines with eyebrow brush.
– Clean top and bottom with concealer or for a more natural look skip this step.
– Use a blending brush to blend out concealer on both the top and bottom.
Then you are done and your eyebrows will officially be “ON FLEEK”! Always remember that what works for someone else may not work for you, and what look right on you may not look right on someone else. Find what individually works for you and develop your own routine, and always remember that the most important tip/rule of all is to stay beautifully you.