R&B Divas LA premieres July 10th on TVOne but you don’t have to wait until then to see the drama unfold. The cast includes Chante Moore, Lil Mo, Kelly Price, Claudette Ortiz, Michel’le and Dawn Robinson. Kontrol Magazine was all up in through the trailer…as you recall, Kontrol shot Lil Mo, Claudette and Chante for the cover of our Hollywood Issue releasing in a few months. The ladies bring the drama and after watching the supertrailer, I’m already hooked. I have to say, these ladies put the Atlanta cast to shame. Sorry not sorry! Each lady brings something different to the show.
- Kelly Price – Introduced to the world through her P.Diddy and R.Kelly collaborations,the musical heavyweight,has written and collaborated with musical legends such as Whitney Houston, Mariah Carey, and is determined to bring – and keep the ladies together to complete her idea of a special musical project despite her own personal drama.
- Chante Moore peaked to fame with her single ‘Chante’s Got A Man.’ This season we’ll dive into her custody battles with her now ex-husband (yes, they’re divorced!) Kenny Latimore and see her getting insight from her first ex-husband, ’A Different World’s’ Kadeem Hardison.
- Lil Mo’ – Never one to shy away from speaking her mind, early 2000′s R&B sensation, – known for duets with Ja Rule and Fabolous, is set to bring the drama as she is seen putting the ladies in their places.
- Claudette Ortiz– Once at the forefront of Wyclef’ Jean’s super group City High, Claudette Ortiz never reappeared after the group disbanded. She’s now ready to make her way back into the music industry while balancing her duties as a mother.
- Michel’le – Known for being signed to Eazy-E’s Ruthless Records with her then-boyfriend, Dr.Dre, Michel’le has been absent since her early 90′s hit “Something In My Heart.” In 2011, The Females of Hip Hop Awards honored Michel’le with the Legendary Songstress Award and she’s determined to keep the momentum in her career.
- Dawn Robinson– She may not have played nice as an ex-member of EnVogue and Raphael Saadiq’s group Lucy Pearl, but is now looking to step into a new spotlight – as a mother. Venting about only ‘having two eggs left,’ this songstress is looking forward to motherhood.
The breakout star is none other than Lil Mo…she brings all the ingredients to make a reality show worth watching and she’s just herself. Peep the supertrailer and you decide. Will you be watching this seasons R&B Divas LA?