The summer heat can raise havoc on your skin, but no worries I have some tips to keep your skin looking clear and gorgeous in the heat. Your skin does not have to suffer this summer. Protect your skin by following these simple tips that will help you look your best! Remember skin care is external and internal, so you must nourish both to keep your skin looking flawless.
- Hydration: Your body loses a lot of moisture in the summer, so it’s important to drink lots of water to replenish your body, which will keep the skin soft and moisturized.
- Sun protection: Stock up on sunscreen to help protect your skin from UVA and prevent any severe damage to the skin cells.
- Exfoliate: Use a scrub that will get rid of dead skin cells and prevent your pores from clogging up.
- Moisturize: Keep your skin lubricated with the right moisturizer after you shower to guarantee soft skin. Beware of scented lotions because they will cause breakouts!
- Diet: Beware of what you are putting in your body. A good diet will eliminate the amount of toxins in the body and prevent breakouts as well.
- Exercise: A good workout in correlation with a balanced diet will help get rid of the toxins within the body.
- Sleep: Tired of bags under your eyes? Rest is the key factor in eliminating those bags and dark circles that trouble you.
Foods that will further help keep your skin looking good are:
- Nuts and Seeds: Chia seeds are full of Omega-3s and help repair the protective barrier that keeps moisture locked in. Nuts and pumpkin seeds are high in Biotin.
- Salmon: A potent source of protein and Omega-3 that works to keep skin inflammation at bay.
- Antioxidant-rich foods: Fruits and Spices (cinnamon and ginger) are high in antioxidants that will help you maintain youthful skin and fight fine lines, wrinkles, uneven tone, and loss of firmness.
- Leafy greens: Greens (Kale, Spinach) are high in Vitamin A, which lowers the production of oils that cause breakouts.
- Lemons: High in Vitamin C, lemons support collagen production and great for flushing out toxins.
- Cucumbers: High in water, a key for healthier sin.
- Green tea: Helps fight the signs of aging and calms inflammation,
- Pears: High in B vitamins that will keep blood flowing while fighting free radicals.
Tell us what you think about these tips to a more gorgeous you!