Accessories are more than just something you throw on after you get your clothes together or at least that’s the way it should be. An accessory can make or break an outfit! It’s not always appropriate to wear a statement necklace or mixed matched earrings. This trend guide should give you a better idea as what’s in this season to help you figure out exactly what accessories might work for you, what you need to go out and get, what you need throw out, and what might go best with what outfit.
1. Singles! The single earring trend has made its way back up to fame. This is the one time that being unbalanced is completely acceptable. You can even do two totally different earrings. Earrings differing in size or color are also acceptable.
2. Brassy, but classy. Brass colored jewelry of all sorts is making an appearance this season. Brass makes a bold statement and could be used in a variety of accessories.
3. Get all choked up with a choker this season. The nineties hasn’t quite left yet, the styles and trends have just really evolved to fit the new generation. Minimal metals, chain links, precious pearls and even gorgeous gems are acceptable for choker styles this season.
4. Hipster wear. Alongside the nineties the seventies are making their way back on the scene with hippie inspired accessories that include beads, wood, and intricate designs.
5. Something old, something new, something borrowed… As a child who didn’t take their mother’s cute earrings and rock them as their own? Well, now it’s okay. Vintage is everything. Go in your mother and grandmother’s jewelry box and pick out the cutest earrings for your hot date.