As today’s Met Gala gets underway, I take a look back and rate my top ten favorite looks.
10. Ever the style star, burlesque queen Dita Von Teese looked ravishing when she arrived to the Met Gala, in 2014, on the arm of Zac Posen wearing his design.
9. Zoe Saldana outdid herself in 2016 wearing this amazing Dolce & Gabbana gown with a super long train.
8. Whenever you mix fashion queen herself, Sarah Jessica Parker and the Met Gala you know you’re going to have a fashion moment. Thus was this Oscar de la Renta gown with the designer’s name emblazoned on the back.
7. The perfect male duo that graces this list was Justin Beiber at the 2015 Met Gala wearing Balmain along with the house’s designer Olivier Rousteng.
6. The sweet yet rebellious Katy Perry turned heads when she wore this Moschino gown to the 2015 Met Gala.
5. The Balmain Squad made up of supermodels plus Kylie Jenner were hands down the best dressed of the night back in 2016.
4. Having arrived a whole hour after the last celebrity stepped into the building, Beyonce had the world salivating at first glance of her sheer Givenchy dress.
3. Chinese supermodel Liu Wen was simply regal at the 2014 Met Gala where she donned a voluminous Zac Posen gown.
2. The Wests or “Kimye” as they are so satirically referred took the tech theme of the 2016 Met Gala to great heights with their futuristic inspired Balmain looks.
- The risk taking, fashion killing, most over-the-top lady to ever do it has to go to the Barbadian beauty that is Rihanna. As soon as the singer/designer stepped onto the red carpet in 2015 in her Guo Pei couture creation I knew I was witnessing a pivotal moment in fashion history. The image of her long yellow coat cascading down the steps will forever be burned in our memories if not only for the hilarious memes that birthed from it.