Home interiors are a blank canvas on which we paint our visions of our lives and the world around us, and too often we leave this canvas to slowly age and wear to an extent that it can fall into outright neglect. When we’re settled in our homes – guaranteed to spend some years there – it’s important to make that space as comfortable as possible, while also reflecting some of the core features that make us comfortable and happy in the environment around us. This can mean going online shopping every now and then for new furniture like new blinds from Blindstyle online store or a new chair just to spice things up. -first paragraph, second last sentence. This article looks at the modernization process, and how you can go about it.
Let’s start simple: the floors of your home. They might be anathema to you – simply something you walk upon and kick off your shoes onto when you enter your home – but actually, the floor is a fundamental and foundational part of your home to consider. Think about the following changes:
- Thick carpets are spongy and comfortable underfoot
- Tiled flooring is easy to clean and modern and minimal aesthetically
- Hardwood flooring is homely and rustic, while also lending a modern feel
- Under-floor heating can keep your home warm – from your feet up
- Rugs and throws can add an air of class and warmth to your home
As you’ll see, the floor is far more than merely a surface – it’s an important element that you can modernize to bring your home squarely into the modern era.
The place in which you cook food, prepare meals and fix yourself a snack is also the room with the most gadgets and gizmos in it. As such, it’s the primary concern for anyone making changes to their home in order to modernize it in 2019. From toasters to toastie-makers, washing machines to tumble dryers, there’s a large eco-system of gadgets that are seen as a complete necessity for the kitchen in the modern era. Fixing and adding these gadgets with smart technology to save you cash and energy is your best bet – and installing them professionally has never been easier, as you can simply search “appliance installation near me” to find a handyman to get your kitchen’s newness up and running.
Smart Home Tech
While on the subject of smart home technology, it’s worth pointing out that kitchen appliances are only the tip of the iceberg where this is concerned. Home additions in the smart tech world have been long in the development phase, but exciting products are now rushing to market to make people’s homes feel modern and sleek – and to help them save time on household maintenance and chores. Here are some examples of smart tech for your home:
- Home entertainment systems that blast music throughout your rooms
- Smart TVs that link to laptops, smartphones or tablets seamlessly
- Window controls to remotely select blind level and light intrusion
- Smart energy meters that help you monitor the flow of heat and electricity in your home
- Home security systems to keep you and your children safe
- Smart lighting to establish different moods in your rooms
The exciting world of smart tech shouldn’t be ignored if you’re hoping to make a splash with a modern-feeling home in 2019.
Interior Design Methods
Your other source of exciting modernization comes from the interior design methods that you can put in place to make your home suddenly feel fit for the third decade of the twenty-first century. Here, you’ll discover that simple rooms laid out with space at the center of their ethos will help you curate a home that feels comforting, breezy and even luxurious. Removing clutter and placing furniture strategically will both help in this regard. You might also:
- Repaint surfaces in light shades of off-white paint
- Select minimalist artworks to display on your walls
- Use lighting to highlight space and airiness in your home
- Remove old and battered furniture in favor of long-lasting new pieces
- Replace heavy curtains with simple blinds
Much more can be discovered in this regard by looking through interior design magazines online – where you’ll find ample inspiration for your modernizing venture.
A modern home needn’t feel like the halls of a sci-fi spaceship – it should also contain personal touches and family features that make your home feel special and made just for you. Never sacrifice those family frame photographs and silly pieces of art that you’ve cherished for years – just make sure that they’re complemented by some of the tips made above in order to truly establish your luxuriously modern home.
These tips are designed to help you modernize your home, leading you to luxury and opulence every time you pass through the threshold. Through some simple changes you can transform your home to make it a space you are proud of.