We always hear the term and see coconut oil and assume that this is a great product for your hair. This is not my dispute! Coconut oil is great for your hair whether its natural or relaxed. Are you aware that you can use coconut oil for other ways to keep your beauty in check? Does your traditional hair oil leave your tresses overworked and heavy? Check out how you can utilize this fountain of youth in other ways!
- Coconut oil is perfect to soothe dry hands: This won’t work for dry digits when you’re on the go, but at home, coconut oil can work wonders on your dishwashing-parched hands.
- Cheek Bone Highlighter: Nothing perks up a tired face like a little highlighter, but you don’t need store-bought products to achieve the same effect. Simply sweep a small amount of coconut oil on top of makeup and leave it alone. It looks like your skin but glowier, which is why many natural makeup brands use it as a base ingredient in their formulas. If you’re looking for a more portable option, try the cult favorite Living Luminizer by RMS Beauty, which has a coconut-oil base and light reflecting pigment.
- Coconut oil is perfect for shaving your legs: Tiring of using products like Veet, Nair, or other painful hair removal systems? Conventional shaving cream is an expensive cocktail of chemicals that you don’t need to get a nice clean shave on your legs or underarms. Coconut oil, on the other hand, is inexpensive, naturally antimicrobial, and smells divine. Plus, its skin-soothing properties will leave your legs looking hydrated (but never greasy).
- Coconut oil is great as a deep conditioner: My oldest sister swears by coconut oil! Her hair is natural and it really keeps her locs moisturized, soft and tangle free.
- To remove eye make up: Yes, coconut oil even works on waterproof mascara! Put a little on a cotton ball and gently sweep it over your eyes, paying attention to your under-eyes as well. The oil does a great job breaking down waxy, inky eye makeup, and leaves the delicate area hydrated, too. Once you’re done, wash your face as usual.