I know this quarantine has you upset, confused and stagnant. But you must look at the positive side. You’re spending more time with your family, getting some rest and preparing hot meals. Through chaos is greatness!!! Just think about all those times you wanted to step away from your busy life and just rest but couldn’t find the time. Well, this is your TIME!!! I know us mommies get so consumed with working and taking care of our families that we often forget ourselves. This is the best time to get your mind right and focus on some self-care. This COVID-19 has us all in a weird headspace. I can’t lie, it has me feeling a certain way and questioning many things about the world we live in. I mean who knew something of this caliber would happen?
I’m here to tell you that you’re not alone. And us mommies are in this together. I pray through this tragic situation you realize how strong you are and that you’re entitled to be a human. As we all get through these trying times, I would like to give you 5 ways to stay sane and indulge in self-care. This way, you can remain sane for yourself and your little ones.
1. This is the time to do something, you’ve always wanted to do. Start that podcast, create that blog, or write that book. Whatever you’ve been avoiding or overthinking. Just do it! Use this time to be creative and face your fears. Do that one thing that will make you scared and smile at the same time… You owe it to yourself!
2. Go buy a journal and write everything that’s on your mind and your heart. Get those feelings and emotions on paper. Create a six-month plan and write out a few short term goals. This situation won’t last forever, and once it’s over you want to be prepared and in the process of executing your personal goals.
3. Download tik tok and have fun. Learn a new dance routine, listen to some music and record it so you can share it with the world.
4. If you were forced to stop working. Please take this time to REST, don’t force yourself to get up early. Get 8 hours of sleep! Go to bed with great thoughts, so you can dream well!!
5. I know libraries are closed, but you can go to the website and download E-Books. Or pick up that book you’ve been avoiding. This is a great time to stimulate your mind and elevate. We have to stay smart, and ready to teach our children.
6. This quarantine and the overall situation may have you in a confusing state of mind. I highly suggest, taking some time to find a therapist that you can begin to speak with during and afterward. More importantly, don’t feel embarrassed if you feel overwhelmed or confused. Speaking to someone and getting things off your chest, will feel so GOOD!!!
I hope these tips are helpful and you’re staying safe. More importantly, remember through the chaos is GREATNESS!!