- Do not leave braids in for more than 8 1/2 weeks.
- Consult with your stylist on using a dry shampoo and conditioner.
- Sleep with a satin bonnet/head scarf to keep the frizziness and breakage to a minimum.
- Use a light moisturizing pomade to control your edges and that’ll also prevent breakage around the perimeter of the head.
- Tight braids can cause permanent hair loss or damage.
- When taking your braids down, start from the ends and work your way up to the root.
- Use a detangling comb.
- Avoid using a clarifying shampoo on the first couple of shampoos, a moisturizing shampoo will help with the dryness
If you want to continue to wear braids past the summer be sure to switch out the old hair for new and fresh hair and definitely get a deep conditioner in between braid sessions.