Eggs… Hands down one of my favorite foods of all time! Why? Because they are so delicious and so versatile. There are dozens of ways to cook an egg; fried, boiled, poached, scrambled, over easy, over hard….etc. And the best part is that eggs pretty much go great with anything. Sticking to the standard they are great for breakfast, but if you are feeling adventurous an egg over a salad or on a burger is as equally delicious!
In the mornings, I love to come up with different ways to eat eggs other than my usual choice of scrambled cheese eggs. My Feta, Tomato, and Spinach Omelette happens to be one of my favorite creations because it features some of my favorite ingredients and literally takes 15 minutes to make. It’s awesome! But; what I love most about this recipe is that the ingredients are totally interchangeable. You can add whatever vegetable and protein you want to tailor it to your taste.
Be sure to leave a comment and let me know if you try this recipe out or if you make your own version! Enjoy! (:
1 tsp olive oil
splash of milk
salt and pepper
2 roma tomatoes
1 cup of spinach
1/2 onion, diced
1 clove of garlic, chopped
1/2 cup feta cheese
1. Pre-heat your oven to 350 degrees.
2. Saute diced onions in a non-stick skillet over medium heat until the onions start to turn translucent in color. Add the chopped garlic and saute for an additional minute or two.
3. Meanwhile, crack the eggs into a bowl and whisk gently until well-beaten. Add the spinach, tomatoes, and feta cheese and mix until everything is combined.
3. Pour the egg mixture into the non-stick skillet and tilt the pan to spread the egg mixture evenly. Let the eggs firm (about 30 seconds) and then with a spatula gently move the mixture that has firmed into the middle of the pan, and allow the unsettled part of the mixture to move out to the sides.
4. Let the egg mixture firm for another 15- 30 seconds, and then transfer the skillet to the oven and bake the eggs for 10 minutes.