Cardi B just released her highly anticipated debut album, Invasion of Privacy. We’ve been dying for this album this, and now that it is here, there’s a few more artists that we need to release albums this year.
A list of 8 Albums We Need in 2018
1. Beyoncé- It’s been almost two years since Lemonade, the album that broke the internet and had everyone talking. And besides the three features with DJ Khaled, J Balvin, and Ed Sheeran, we haven’t heard any new Bey music, and she’s performing at Coachella this weekend. Now Queen Bey can always perform her classics songs, but she’s also on going tour this summer with husband, Jay Z. So rather it’s a joint album with Jay or a solo, we need new music for this tour.
2. Chance The Rapper- Now Chance has been in the game for over five years, but just two years ago, when dropped his Grammy Award winning mixtape, Coloring Book, his career took off. From chilling with Beyonce and Jay Z, to performing for Barack Obama, and winning three Grammys last year, this man has been killing it. And although we always hear about Chance in the media for doing some humanitarian work, or being a good father to his two year old daughter, it’s been awhile since we’ve heard some Chance music.
3.Nicki Minaj- Over a week ago, Nicki came out of hiding. We hadn’t seen or heard from her for a couple of months. Some rumors are going around that she’s pregnant, and some even believe that she was waiting on Cardi to drop her album, so she didn’t have to compete. Cardi dropped her album less than a week ago, and Nicki already announced that she’s releasing two singles tomorrow, “Barbie Tingz” and “Chun-Li.” But if she’s still claiming she’s the “Queen of Rap,” then she needs to do more than just put out two songs, she needs a whole album.
4. Teyana Taylor- Some may know Teyana from her “Sweet 16” episode, some may know Teyana for the famous “Fade” video, the video that made everyone make her their body goals. But Teyana also makes music, she was on Fabolous and Jadakiss’ joint album, Freddy vs. Jason, and Kanye’s track, “Christmas in Harlem.” She released her debut album, VII, and it was super underrated, but that was back in 2014. Currently, she has a new reality show with her husband, NBA star, Iman Shumpert on VHI. And if Cardi and K Michelle have taught us anything, it’s that reality TV can help with your music career.
5. J. Cole- Damn, cold world! It’s been awhile since we’ve seen Cole, because the only time we see/hear from him, is when he has a new project out. Yes, I know he just released a new song with Royce 5’9, and another with his artist, Cozz, but we haven’t heard any new records on the radio, and he’s barely made any appearances. Plus, Cole has something to prove between the mix reviews on his last album, 4 Your Eyez Only, and being one of the top contenders, of the leaders, of the new school in hip-hop.
6. Jazmine Sullivan- “Brand New” and “Let It Burn,” are just a couple of the songs that were on her last album, Reality Show, and we’re still playing them religiously. But’s it’s been 3 years since. What makes it worst, she released a song with Bryson Tiller, “Insecure,” which made us want to hear more. She gave us a great video, with some of the cast of HBO hit series, “Insecure,” but we need more music.
7. Rihanna- Riri has been killing it in the beauty industry, with Fenty Beauty selling out everywhere. But we need some new Fenty on our playlist. ANTI album was EVERYTHING, with bops like “Work” and “Needed Me,” she even had some fellas singing her music. And after hearing her verse on N.E.R.D’s track, “Lemon,” I know that she’s going to go off on her next project.
8. TWENTY88- The dynamic duo, Big Sean and Jhene Aiko dropped their joint album two years ago, and left us needing more. They even had a dope little fifteen minute visual to go along with it. When the album dropped, the two claimed they were “just friends,” but now that they’re official a couple, the album chemistry is going to even more insane.
Sophisticated, stylish and provocative, Kontrol Magazine is the ultimate luxury urban fashion resource for stylish men & women today. The ultimate source for fashion, makeup, hair inspiration, lifestyle and entertainment.
KONTROL MAGAZINE PARTICIPATES IN VARIOUS AFFILIATE MARKETING PROGRAMS, WHICH MEANS WE MAY GET PAID COMMISSIONS ON EDITORIALLY CHOSEN PRODUCTS PURCHASED THROUGH OUR LINKS TO RETAILER SITES..