Everything You Need to Know About MISBHV
- The Polish brand was first founded by designer Natalia Maczek, about four years ago. Thomas Wirski is the creative director. MISBHV is made up of six designer friends, mainly from over the years expanding each season.
- MISBHV was originally a side project for Maczek. It started out as a small line of T-shirts made for Maczek’s closest friends to wear.
“At first, we printed onto a few tees for ourselves and our DJ friends, who run big parties in the city. They were parody designer tees. People went crazy for them. Everyone was asking who they were by,” stated Mackzek back in 2013.
MISBHV Clothing | Courtesy of MISBHAV
- Since its arrival to the fashion world, the Polish brand has developed fully into a contemporary street style line for both men and women. MISBHV mixes streetwear and nostalgia of Maczek’s happy childhood in Poland.
- It is solely manufactured in Poland. It made its New York Fashion Week debut with its Spring 2017 Collection. Also making its debut on the runway was MISBVH first women’s wear collection to stand alone at NYFW
- The brand promotes a lifestyle that embodies independence, self-confidence, and individuality. Back in a 2013 interview with IDOL Maczek stated:
“MISBHV is all about independence. Being young, while still being highly aware of yourself and the world you live in. It’s about doing as much as you can to live your dreams. MISBHV likes sexuality, strong women and powerful individuals in general. We’re quite hedonistic when it comes to life.”
- What makes MISBHV different to other streetwear brands?It provides fresh, fresh new, and unfamiliar pieces. The duo were law students with no formal education in fashion. This is due to Wirski and Maczek’s DIY hands on approach to the brand’s designs. Through experimenting with different leathers, denim, and other fabrics.