Ever see that high bun that stars like Beyonce or Tamar Braxton rocks… the one with the heavy bangs? Well you can create an awesome high bun in 7 simple steps. We have talked to hairstylist C. C. The Great in Arlington, TX and she helps us to help you get that banging, no pun intended, look. The best thing about the high bun, it is versatile and goes from a day look to a night look without doing anything extra, except for changing your clothes. All you need to get started are a comb, ponytail holder and sock or bun ring. Got your tools, let’s get to styling:
1. Section out by creating a bang area. Start at the top of the head down to your left and right temple. This will create a heavy bang affect
“Ask you section off your bang area be sure to clip your hair to keep it out of the way,” says C.C.
2. Next, you will need to take the remainder of the hair and pull it into a high ponytail. Use your ponytail holder to secure the hair at the top of the head.
3. Take the sock or bun ring and fold it down until it looks like a doughnut.
“You don’t have to spend money on a bun ring,” says C.C. “You can use a sock and cut the tip of the toe part from the sock to create a hole.”
4. Take the ring and insert the loose hair from your ponytail into the hole of the ring. Pull it down until it is at the base of the ponytail covering the ponytail holder.
5. Then take the lose hair that is hanging out of the ring and smooth and tuck it by moving in a circular motion until the hair fully covers the ring looking like a bun or a doughnut.
6. Secure the bun with bobby pins and take holding spray or spritz to smooth the way any flyaway hair.
7. Lastly, remove the clip from your parted section. Use your favorite flat iron and bump your bangs for a cute look.