Madame Sabrina Heim is a woman with a keen eye for fashion and has impeccable taste. Her fashion house is called, House of Heim. Feast your eyes on her must-have items and add this designer to your list of fashion trendsetters.
1. How did you get started with creating your line?
I got started with creating my line when I was in a bad place in my life I was homeless me and my girls.
2. How did you first get started in fashion design in general? Are you self taught or did you go to school?
How I got started in general well I always was fancinated with fashion I use to watch the fashion shows on tv when I was little and also I come from a family of seamstress one my mom and no I have never went to school it just has been a gift from God and my mentor and art teacher.
3. How would you describe your line?
I describe my line as edgy, chic, classic, elegant, and timeless. A line embodies all women that not only make them look good, but feel good and channel there inner confidence.
4. Who are the top 3 people/designers that influence your designs?
Well that is hard to narrow it down to three… what about four! Zelda Wynn Valades the first african american designer (for your information she designed the playboy bunny suits), Hurbert de Givenchy for Givenchy (pronounced Jhee-von- Shee), Oscar De La Renta of course, and I have to say Betsy Johnson.
5. Favorite fashion icon.
Jackie Onassis Kennedy
6. Any notables that you have designed for?
Gloria Govan Barnes and Mariah Huq
7. Where do you see your line going in 5 years?
I see my line in fines department stores, on the MBFW runway, on the red carpet at all the major events such as: The Oscars Emmy’s BET Honors NAACP Image Awards, and beyond.
8.Favorite material that you love to work with?
I love leather beads and sequin also custom textiles.
9. One pro of being a fashion designer and one con?
I get to be creative and make women look and feel good and be confident. Its very competative and everyone is not going to like what you produce even though its fabulous you are constantly being under the public eye and it can make you or break you.
10. Where can we find your collection?