The Super Bowl is right around the corner and if you haven’t started planning your menu for the party you’re throwing or attending; I’ve got you covered!
No one wants to eat anything gourmet or elaborate while watching the game. Thinking back to any football party I’ve attended there has always been pizza, wings, chips and dip, and lots of other assorted finger foods.
My Easy Cheesy Potato Skins are a huge hit and crowd pleaser at any event and our perfect for a Superbowl party because they are the perfect example of what a finger food should be; portable and delicious! Plus they are super easy to make and you can make a large batch without having to do too much work.
These skins are nice and crisp and loaded with cheddar cheese and bacon for an additional salty flavor and crunch; I mean who doesn’t love bacon?! Serve with a side of sour cream and garnish with green onions and you’re on your way to having one of the best dishes at your party!
8 russet potatoes
1-1/2 cup of shredded cheddar cheese
1 cup of Bacon, chopped and fried
2 tsbp of butter, melted
4 tbsp of olive oil
Salt and pepper to taste.
1/2 cup of sour cream
2 green onions, chopped
1. Preheat oven to 400 degrees.
2. Scrub the potatoes clean and dry thoroughly. Once they are dry, rub the skins of the potatoes with 2 tbsp of the olive oil.
3. Place the potatoes on a baking sheet and bake for about 30-40 minutes, until the skins are crisp and the potatoes are tender. Remove from the oven and let the potatoes cool to a temperature that you are comfortable handling the potatoes at.
4. Cut the potatoes in half lengthwise and scoop out the insides. Make sure to leave a little bit of the potato in the skins for stability.
5. Take your melted butter and the other 2 tsbp of olive oil and brush both the insides and outsides of the potatoes. Sprinkle with salt and pepper.
6. Place the potatoes halves side down and bake in the oven for an additional 5 minutes. Then turn the potatoes over and bake until the edges are golden brown, another 5 minutes.
7. Remove the potatoes from the oven and sprinkle the insides with the cheddar cheese and top with the bacon. Put the potatoes back in the oven and bake until the cheese has melted.
8. Serve immediately with sour cream and green onions! Enjoy!!