Cam’Ron has known a secret to men’s fashion since 2003 and I bet no one was bold enough to handle it back then. Do you want to know what that secret is? Okay, I’ll tell you ,but you have to promise me you’ll keep it to yourself. Actually, you can blab to any and everyone! The secret is men should wear P-I-N-K! Handsome in pink! You get the drift. The summer is all about being bold, bright and brilliant with your personal style. That includes making statements that you normally would not and you can definitely do so by adding a little pink in your closet.
Here are a few ways to wear pink, the different shades of the hue and items that you can make look amazing for the summer season.
The Pink Linen or Pink Seersucker – This one is for my southern gents out there that like to go to the Kentucky Derby and flex! Both materials are oh so breathable which is great for the upcoming heatwaves that are about hit.
- Best shades of pink: Blush, Rose, Flamingo and Fuscia
- Best Combination (s) : Navy, White or Khaki Chinos or Slacks. White, Beige, Creme or Powdered Blue Button Ups (Oxford or Mandarin collared preferred). Tan Loafers or Oxford Wingtips (something special for the seersucker)
- Best Pattern (s) : Solid and Stripes
It’s Chino season! Full cotton chinos are hipper than your casual slacks, but with the same class. Pink Chinos with most of your outfits this summer will be a delight for those romantic picnics and or that mundane Monday morning at the office that nights some color. Either way it’s not a bad idea.
- Best shades of pink: Soft Pink, Coral and Salmon
- Best Combination (s): White, Powered Blue, Light Green or Blue and White thin stripped shirts (Oxford collared or polos). Kelly green and Chocolate are also another great options. Bold yet effective. Tan and Brown loafers or Oxford Cap Toes. Accessories: Soft gold bracelets or wooden bead bracelets to complement the look.
- Best Pattern (s): Solids and Polka Dots
This is for those weekenders that love to road trip. This is for those that like to go to mall and window shop while eating Cinnabons for lunch. Shorts are going to be your bestfriend and pink shorts will be your lover. Types of shorts you going to need this summer are flat front shorts and chubbies. Flat fronts are simple shorts that don’t have too much going on which won’t take away from the color you’re trying to wear. Chubbies are short shorts that not only show off the great pink hue you’ll be wearing but also show off your legs! It summer boys, so don’t be afraid to show them what you’re working with.
- Best shades of Pink: Salmon, Bubblegum, Watermelon and fuscia
- Best Combination (s): White, Turquoise, Cream and Navy Tops (T-Shirts, Tanks or Polos). Also try placing two of the pinks together to make a mono-contrast look to your outfit. Daring, I know but trust me, you’ll love it. White trainers and tan boat shoes. Minimal accessories though. Honestly, just a watch will do.
- Best Pattern (s): Solids, Polka Dots and Paisley
Oxford Collared Button Ups and Mandarin Collared Button Ups are the hottest on the trend for men. Adding a dab of pink to your mix of shirts will sweeten your recipe for style. Pink Polos have been cool since Kanye popped his collar for his debut to the world. T-Shirts are a hit in the summertime.
- Best shades of Pink: Peach, Taffy, Rose and Blush (softer pinks for T-Shirts always). The brighter the pink the harsher it’ll look. Now if you know you can pull of a fuscia shirt, then by all means have at it. More power to the PINK!
- Best Collaboration (s): Navy, Pale Blue or Light Grey blazers. You don’t necessarily need a jacket for the polo or T-shirts but you can if you want to. It won’t hurt a thing. Khaki, Denim, Navy, White or Light Blue bottoms. Tan or brown loafers and oxforts. Maybe a cream color boat ship depending on your location and or what event you’re attending.
- Best Pattern (s): Solid, Gingham, Chambray and Stripes
There are so many things you do with PINK! The possibilities are endless. Follow Cam’Ron’s lead and wear pink whenever you! *ques What Means The World To You*
As Always, Stay Fly: