First things first, this is a lifestyle so having a meal of your choice will definitely play a part! However, there is a proper way to have that cheat meal. Notice, I said CHEAT MEAL and not CHEAT DAY! Cheat meals do not mean run to your nearest fast food restaurant and indulge, fall off track, then be upset with yourself. A lot of us fall off because we are too strict and forego that cheat meal, remember it’s 80% nutrition 20% fitness.
This week, I will give you tips on how to effectively cheat for that meal during your journey.
- Plan to Cheat – Having a strategy is a key part of a cheat meal. Plan when and what you’re going to eat. It’s a good idea to line up that cheat meal on a weekend or social occasion.
- Eat What You Want as Long as It’s Real Food – Something that often happens on cheat days is that people eat a lot of junk, processed foods that do nothing for our bodies. Instead of that, allow yourself to eat what you want as long as it is unprocessed.
- Don’t Pig Out – The cheat meal is an opportunity to eat what you like, not a mandate to eat what you can. Remember it’s a cheat meal, not a cheat day!
- Order a Few Rounds – a few rounds of water, that is! Restaurant meals tend to be high in sodium and can leave you feeling dehydrated and bloated. Start replenishing your body while you indulge with a few large glasses of water.
- Take Your Time – Savor and enjoy! You’ve been looking forward to this all week, so appreciate the taste of your favorite foods and extend the fun. That’ll also help prevent overeating.
- Get Back on Track – Everyone is entitled to a cheat meal but no one is entitled to a cheat week, not even for your birthday! Enjoy that cheat meal and resume your healthy plan ASAP!
At the end of the day, this is your lifestyle and there will be times where you want what you want! You should definitely have it but plan for it! Hope that you found this helpful!