When was the last time you had a hair trim? Is trimming your hair important?
Some say yes while others say no! I am here to tell you that properly trimming your ends is VERY IMPORTANT to the health of your hair. When you don’t properly trim your ends the hair will break causing it to split throughout stunting proper growth. In between hair trims, it is important to seal your ends with a hair oil of your choice to extend the need for a trim.
How Do I Know When Its Time To Trim My Ends?
I am guilty of hardly ever trimming my ends.. hence my big chop (Thank goodness for the chance to start over!) However, I am learning and step by step understanding the importance of this major process in maintaining my natural hair. You should trim your ends at least every 3 to 4 months (or as needed). There are a few ways to detect that your hair is in need of a trim.
- Hair tangles when wet
- Damaged ends
- You’ve noticed your hair just isn’t growing
- No Shape or Volume
- If you’re a frequent flyer with using heat
Top 3 Ways To Trim Your Hair In The Comfort Of Your Home
If you are looking to learn how to maintain your own natural hair, while saving a few bucks.. It is a MUST that you learn this very simple but IMPORTANT process.
- Two strand twist- When you are in need of a trim your twists will be very dry and frizzy at the ends. To trim your twist start with the twist at the nape of your neck and snip the same amount of “frizzy” from each twist to avoid losing shape.
- Knot search- Some like this method some don’t. This method can be tedious as it required you to search for any single strand knots, and snip them.
- Blow out- This method makes it easier to see the split ends because of how stretched the hair becomes from the blow dryer. When using this method, be sure to use a low/medium heat setting.
Take care of those ENDS ladies!!!