More of us are turning to CBD as a natural way of treating various illnesses and ailments. You can buy CBD to help improve your overall health or to target specific issues that may cause you pain and discomfort. The market is ever-growing, which can make it difficult to choose which product is best to suit your requirements, and if you’re new to CBD, you may not know where is best to buy it. Read on to find out more about if CBD is safe to buy online, and what to look out for.
What is CBD?
CBD is becoming more popular within the health and wellbeing market, as more of us look to find ways of treating conditions naturally, rather than with traditional, over-the-counter medicines. CBD comes from the cannabis plant but is not the same as THC, which is responsible for the ‘high’ we associate with cannabis as a drug. CBD is perfectly safe to use and comes in many forms, from oils and capsules to take orally, to creams and lotions to apply externally. You can also choose from CBD teas and coffees, bath bombs, and edibles like cookies and chocolate – there is something for everyone and every taste.
CBD interacts with the endocannabinoid systems within the body to change the way receptors in the system respond to pain. Whilst doing this, it also creates an anti-inflammatory effect which reduces discomfort, swelling and redness caused by chronic conditions or injuries. It can balance the production of serotonin in the brain, improving low mood and reducing levels of cortisol so we can sleep soundly.
What are the benefits?
As previously mentioned, there is a huge range of health benefits that comes with implementing CBD into your daily routine, such as:
- Pain relief: The anti-inflammatory effect of CBD can help manage pain caused by conditions such as arthritis, as well as internal issues like headaches and IBS. A daily dose can allow you to carry on with your day, pain-free.
- A sense of calm: These products are often used to calm the mind and reduce both mental and physical symptoms of stress and anxiety. It can help to improve mood and focus, as well as eliminate physical symptoms like sweating and shaking.
- Improved sleep: If you suffer from lack of sleep or insomnia, it can be difficult to function day-to-day, and you may also find you’re more susceptible to illness. CBD can help you drift into a deep sleep, so you can wake to feel rested and refreshed.
- Skincare: CBD is often used in skincare products, as it can help to regenerate skin cells to improve wrinkles, aid healing of any problem areas caused by acne or eczema and leave the skin feeling soft and moisturised.
- Digestion: CBD balances systems within the body so that they are functioning correctly, this includes the gut. CBD can reduce any internal inflammation that can cause nasty side effects like cramps and discomfort from IBS.
Is it safe to buy online?
If you think CBD would be a beneficial addition to your life, there are a range of products you could try to improve your health, from oils, cream, capsules, and edibles – and they are available to purchase online. CBD is safe to buy online but you should ensure that you consider a few factors before you make your decision on which brand is best for you. We’ll look at these in more detail below.
Features to look out for
Some of the considerations to look out for when purchasing the best CBD product for you online are:
Certification of testing – CBD products should show that they have been tested rigorously before you buy them. A website should state that its products have been third-party tested, this shows that it is a high-quality and reputable brand. If products have not been tested, steer clear of the brand and website.
Lab reports – with a certification of testing often comes a lab report that is referred to as a certificate of analysis. All accredited CBD brands should allow you to view this on their website, to give you peace of mind about the product you are buying.
Ingredients – this is also important when choosing your perfect CBD product, to ensure that they have high-quality and safe ingredients. You should note whether your product is a full, or broad spectrum, as well as whether they list cannabinoids like CBN, CBG, and CBC.
Price – Generally, the higher price of the product, the better the quality, and brand. If you find a product that issuspiciously low priced, or something doesn’t quite feel right, you should trust your gut feeling and choose a different product.
Reviews – Online reviews can be a great help when it comes to choosing a reputable CBD product. Reading customer reviews means you can get an idea of what the product will be like, and if it is worth your money