Written By: Jovel Roystan, Men’s Fashion Writer
[Kontrol Homme Disclaimer]: Now, before you even start reading this one, I’m putting my disclaimer at the very top–I do NOT think Riccardo Tisci is a couchmaker, nor do I have anything to say about Kim Kardashian’s Met Gala dress. Givenchy is one of my favorite fashion houses and I’d never talk bad about it. *swears on a stack of GQs* This is all fun. Haha! Now you can start reading…
Monday night’s CFDA Fashion Awards put me in the mood to revisit some of Riccardo Tisci’s recent work (he won the International Award, in case you hadn’t heard). I googled the Givenchy Men’s Resort 2014 collection and came across a post on BuzzFeed that poked fun at all of the attention-grabbing prints. Alex Rees, the site’s fashion editor, compared 10 of the 22 looks released late last month to a different type of couch (clearly, all of the buzz from Kim Kardashian’s custom, “couch-inspired” Met Gala dress hasn’t come to a rest yet). “…personally, I can’t wait to be mistaken for a three-seater sofa on my next beach vacation.” – Alex Rees, Fashion Editor, BuzzFeed.com
Of course, he was just playing around. He actually begins the post by mentioning how brilliant the collection is. Anyway, check out my favorite picks from the lookbook, ranked from eight to one, below. Also, tell me what you guys think? Are these prints made for fashion or furniture?
8. I love the print-blocking of the shirt. The camo leggings are awesome too.
7. If the pants weren’t enough, this sweater is [official].
6. I’ve come to really love this little Bambi print. Disney hasn’t been this cool in a while.
5. One word: FLAMES!
4. Another trend I’m loving right now (and hoping will grow) is mono-print looks!
3. More mono-print! From head to toe, it looks great.
2. I’m in love with this polo shirt. The blocked prints look amazing!
1. Do I even need to explain? This look encompasses elements from the past four collections. Plus, it throws in a sneak peak at what to expect for Spring ’14!