Upon successful completion of the first 4 months of the program, you will be certified as a Jr. Kontrol Magazine Wardrobe Stylist and will begin the unparalleled opportunity of building a Top-Notch fashion styling portfolio.
The 8-month Fashion Mentorship Training Certification Program is an intense image, fashion, and style training course designed to meet the needs of individuals and professionals with entrepreneur lifestyles. Let us help you make an impact in this industry or various industries by developing an influential and unique personal brand. Our goal is to train quality, not quantity to ensure that our students receive personalized attention. During this program, students will acquire the following skills and more:
Our graduates are educated toward positioning themselves as experts and style icons. Graduates not only learn the theories behind perfecting image and style, but they also acquire invaluable business and marketing skills to strategically position themselves within their chosen markets.
Kontrol Fashion Course #1
Introduction to Fashion
Inside Course 1, you will learn:
- Setting up your business
- Building Credit
- Tools every entrepreneur needs.
- The different types of stylists and what they each do.
- The different types of styling jobs. (The list goes beyond music videos and magazines. There are lots of ways to make money as a stylist!)
- How much money stylists can make at each level of their career.
Kontrol Fashion Course #2
Inside Course 2, we’ll dig into the practical details of working as a stylist. You will learn how to:
- Conduct a pre-production meeting and what pertinent questions to ask.
- Develop a creative direction and inspiration for the project.
- How to create mood and inspiration boards and develop your eye.
- How to request samples from showrooms.
- Do mood board breakdowns from magazines and commercials.
- How to negotiate your rates and work with your styling budget.
Kontrol Fashion Course #3
Shopping and Pre-Styling
In Course 3, you’ll learn how to:
- Pull like a stylist. (That’s stylist for: Shop!)
- How to merchandise clothing, accessories, jewelry and shoes.
- How to stay organized during the bulk of your prep.
- Find out why a LOR is so important.
- Learn the differences between a showroom and rental house.
- Find out how to pull from a contemporary fashion rental house.
Kontrol Fashion Course #4
In Course 4, you’ll find out how to style your clients during jobs. You’ll learn:
- Set up your fitting to guarantee success.
- Selecting your ‘hero’ looks.
- The right ways to pin and mark alterations– or even do them yourself!
- Present and ‘sell’ your looks to your client.
Kontrol Fashion Course #5
During Course 5 you’ll learn how to:
- Follow on-set etiquette so you’ll look like a pro.
- Always arrive on set on-time and totally prepared.
- Learn how to record and submit fashion editorial credits properly.
- Navigate on-set politics and use proper terminology when you’re working.
- Perfectly organize and pack up once the shoot is over!
Kontrol Fashion Course #6
Wrapping the Job
Course 6 is where you learn how to wrap out a styling job, you will:
- The best system for checking in returns without the headache.
- What you need to know about official industry policies, how to invoice your clients and how to handle all the paperwork that is involved in working as a freelance artist.
- Manage your receipts and submit your expenses as a stylist.
Kontrol Fashion Course #7
Getting to Work
In this Course, you will:
- How to dress and what to expect the first day on the job.
- The checklist of things you need to bring to set. (Beyond just your stylist’s kit).
- How to create a resume that gets into the hands of the people you want to work with.
- The most effective ways to market yourself as a stylist, including social media effectively.
Kontrol Fashion Course #8
The Road to Success
In our last official Course, we’ll share our final tips for becoming a successful stylist. We’ll cover:
- Our top tips for success in the industry
- The 10 biggest mistakes that could end your career as a stylist, and how to avoid them.
- The best networking techniques to advance your career.
- What you need to know about building your book and how to start.
- How to land recurring clients as a stylist.
Kontrol Magazine Fashion Mentorship Program Certified Fashion Consultants are here to utilize our industry-proven, personal style evaluation tools to push you to the top.