New Music Seminar does it again with its annual event this year at Webster Hall. This event is where a lot of upcoming artist go when they want guidance from critic Tom Jackson on how to improve their performances. The event is a three day event Sunday June 9, Monday June 10, and Tuesday June 11. Not only are there live performances but also seminars and classes giving these artists opportunities to participate in a Q and A session as well as receive some positive information on how to get the crowd to fall in love with them. Here are a few “Upcoming Highlights of New Music Seminar 2013” as follows:
- “Where the Business of music gets done
- Apple iRadio Launch
- Keynotes by PepsiCO’s Frank Cooper III, Clear Channel’s John Sykes, Vevo’s Rio Caraeff and SoundExchange’s Mike Huppe
- Exclusive Campaign Launch from B&O Play
- “Single vs Album” Debate with Robert Christgua and Jay Frank, Anand Wilder and Niles Hollowel-Dhar
- Openin Night Party and NMS NY Music Festival with The Soul Rebels, 2AM Club, The Drums, Avan Lava and More” (June 9, 2013) (Workman Entertainment & Public Relations Immediate Release Form Page 1)
While a lot of great and upcoming artist were out, there was one that really had the crowd going. “KrissyKrissy” and the band, with her powerful and soulful voice and the help of her extraordinary band she really knew how to rock the house. Although this was a showcase dedicated to trial and error where they would be critiqued not only on their sound but, how they interacted with the audience, their blend and chemistry was out of this world. Even though Krissy was the lead singer, she most definitely was not the only star!! The contributing factors to her sound were the musicians who are extremely gifted! She had a bass and guitar player as well as a keyboardist and drummer, these four gentlemen in which I would like to consider the FANTASTIC FOUR, all extremely gifted in their element but at the same time complimenting one another by knowing exactly how to channel their inner musician and allow it to flourish. Working well as a team I’d say I’ll definitely be on the line when this album comes out and a great one it will be.