Whenever men and women get closer to each other, they experience emotional and physical intimacy. When the trust and communication level between both the people are deep enough, this leads to emotional intimacy and this gets so deep that they almost share their inner selves with one another. This form of intimacy tends to grow when you feel safe in each other’s company and when both partners care for each other.
Now there are many people who tend to face several issues regarding emotional intimacy and this is when they start having a bad day full of stress. The more they try to control their emotions, the more control they have on their outlook, moods and behavior. To know more on this, you may check out this article. Let’s dive deeper into this matter.
Fear of intimacy – What are the most probable signs?
When someone is suffering from the fear of intimacy, this may look a lot different from one person to another depending on the level of fear as against the scale of intimacy shared between the two. The following information that you get will be more like a fear of intimacy test. The more are the signs that you want to recognize, the more probable it will be that you’ll be struggling with such an issue. Here are the few signs:
- Hesitant about interacting socially
- Imagining that all others are trying to pity you or thinking badly of you
- Anxious at the thought of being touched by others
- Toughness in maintaining close relations
- Sweating and nausea
- Difficulty in being frank with others
- Giving lame excuses as to why partners and friends are not right for you
- Finding excuses to stay away from people
- Having a feeling of being trapped whenever a person shows interest in you
- Tendencies of being a workaholic
Overcoming the fear of emotional intimacy
- It’s high time you stop giving more attention to the critic in you
- Take a look at your past, what you were, how you enjoyed yourself and how you’ve changed
- Take more time to relax and get enough sleep
- Analyze what exactly you want from your life
- Eliminate insecurities and build self-confidence
- Start falling in love
So, if you’re someone who is suffering from issues related to emotional intimacy, you can take into account the above mentioned facts so that you may get to live a healthy and happy life.