Now only April, it seems like Spring just got here. However, summer is fast approaching. So is it too soon to think of tips for the summer? Absolutely not! It’s always best to be prepared anyways right? This coming Summer 2015 is going to be scorcher and you’ll need the right facial moisturizer to withstand the dry and warm weather that is fast approaching. During the summer months, there are adaptations we can make with our skincare and makeup routines to ensure that we still shine flawlessly in the summer sun.
1. Keep Things Light. Look for an ultra-light moisturizer. Weight is the key factor when selecting effective beauty products to use during the summer. Anything heavy, as science tells us, gets weighed down.
2. Retire The Oils. Avoid facial oils generally, unless you’ve found one that is super light and absorbs very quickly. Even if your skin type is normally dry, facial oil will still create unnecessary shine and who wants that? These are best during the fall and winter.
3. Get Your Summer Scrub On. If you don’t do it all year, please let summer be the season you exfoliate! Sweat pulls cosmetic products into your pores for buildup, acne and blemishes. Exfoliate at least 2-3 times a week.
4. Don’t Ignore Eyes. The skin around our eyes is incredibly sensitive. UV rays can cause some major damage to skin especially the sensitive spots causing fine lines to lmore obvious. Hydrate & protect!
5. Facials Are A Must. Apply deep cleansing facial masks regularly. Skip the moisturizing masks, the focus for your skin in the summer is to cleanse, not over-hydrate.
6. Stay Toned. A beauty trick for toner is to wrap an ice cube in a paper towel and smooth it over your face after cleansing. The application of ice onto the skin fades redness, calms blemishes, and improves blood circulation for a healthy glow.
7. Use PROTECTION! SPF is essential in the summer and not just in your sunblock! Reach for the moisturizers and foundations that contain SPF so even if you do forget to apply sunblock you won’t sweat it.
8. Lastly and most importantly: eat healthy. Take advantage of the fruits found bountiful during the season and eat plenty of cherries, strawberries, apricots, and peaches to nourish your body to in return have a positive effect on your skin.
Summer is a more simplistic time and that can translate in your beauty and skincare routines. Just take care of the basics and enjoy the fun in the sun!