Most stylistas are pulling out their best looks to get a glance at debuting looks for Pre-Fall. Starting next month, we all will be watching to see what trends we need to have for the season after Summer. The key to staying ahead as a fashion enthusiast is to do just that; STAY AHEAD! Prepare early, but be fully wardrobe equipped for the current/quickly approaching seasonal changes. What are S/S 2014’s most coveting trends you may ask? First, let us review prior successful ones.
Of course there are the usual’s. Florals, pastels, and certain patterns that are expected for the warming times. Doing the bare minimum, however, will only keep you at a level of fashion mediocrity. Although, trends and fashion as a whole is in fact repetitive, spotting futuristic twists and new approaches will be your saving grace. For instance, black and white was huge last year and will be even bigger this year. What modernizes the trend from its previous run, is the incorporation of feminine silhouettes in opposition to 2013’s androgynous, menswear inspired styles. In real estate and business there’s the famous saying, “location, location, location.” Fashion’s equivalent to that should be “details, details, details.” Let’s dive into my 5 trend inspirations we should be purchasing for our S/S 2014 wardrobe collection.
1. One of my most favorite, though seemingly unpopular inclinations (not for long I hope) is the color Orange. The usually striking color came down runways in many shade variations. We saw Tangerines, Tea Rose, Vermillion, Burnt orange and more. Designers who showcased pieces with this color trend included Christian Siriano, Monique Lhuilllier, Creatures Of The Wild, and especially DKNY. I never thought I’d be a fan, but I’m looking forward to wearing something this color.
2. Art Work is another huge trend to take on this coming season. After Art Basel Miami’s huge success which brought out celebrities such as Nicole Ritchie, Gabrielle Union, and even Martha Stewart, art influenced garments came as no surprise. Fashion is art in itself, but with style favorites strutting in painting-like, architectural outfits, there will be tons of visual inspiration to go around for all tastes. Why not join in on the fun?
3. Most recently, Solange Knowles brought the Culotte style pants to the trend forefront. Rocking a matching red Paper London set during a performance in Australia, the singer is probably the only person who could make these pants talk of the town. This classic style just got a much needed, well executed make over. Take heed shoppers!
4. Combining sports wear with wearable high fashion could seem like a challenge. Maybe even an oxymoron. Well, no worries. Designers have meshed the two, creating my number 4 trend must wear this Spring/Summer. Ladies, it’s finally time to look fashionably sporty. Easily master the look of ease and comfort, without slacking in the fashion department. This industry is always breaking barriers.
5. Lace is perfect for mild to hot weather. It is a no brainer! Stay cool, look feminine, and elevate the chic. The Queen of Parisian cool and boho sexiness Isabel Marant sent out multiple looks following this trend during her S/S 2014 show. Every woman, body type, and personal style can take advantage of this one.